We are proud to present a time, date and venue for our Fifth London Stroke Forum! Please sign up here for the event.
Our speaker is Professor Peter Langhorne from the University of Glasgow, a leading researcher in the field of stroke research. We are quite honoured to have him speak and look forward to his presentation on Wednesday, 7th October, 2015 from 4-5pm.
- Event: Fifth London Stroke Forum
- Speaker: Professor Peter Langhorne
- Professor of Stroke Care from the Institute of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, University of Glasgow
- Title: “Unpacking the Stroke Unit Effect”
- Time: 7th Oct, 4-5pm, Wednesday
- Venue: King’s College London, Guy’s Campus, Henrietta Raphael Function Room
Click here for a map of Guy’s campus.
Principle clinical and research interests– management of stroke, developed and led a number of randomised trials and meta-analyses of stroke rehabilitation interventions.
Current research interests – evaluation of stroke recovery strategies including rehabilitation and general care.
UK Distinctions – co-ordinating editor of the Cochrane Stroke Group, the current President of the British Association of Stroke Physicians (2011-2013), and previous clinical lead of The Scottish Stroke Research Network.
Worldwide Distinctions – UK chief investigator for the AVERT and INTERSTROKE international studies and is working with international colleagues to promote affordable stroke unit care in low and middle income countries (LMICs).